Old 07-31-08, 02:27 PM
fiataccompli
Steel Member

Bikes: N + 1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hi folks - one more for Knoxville here! Native born & been riding bikes, taking them apart, putting them together, & all that since before I can really remember. I'm just now getting back into riding more and brining my wife & kids along (literally) for the ride. Having been off road bikes since I had built a beater commuter out of a 1960s Schwinn Suburban (which, was really an upright bike I lightened up & fit with drop bars/brakes) since the mid '80s, I just got back into road bikes. What a blast to get back on a road bike after 20 years of using my trusty old GT Karakoram (steel, solid, but unbreakable) as a woods/trail bike, commuter bike, urban explorer & transportation when I've been out of town camping at car races. I think I've got the whole family equipped with at least one bike each, so we're all ready to hit the road/trails/greenways & maybe do some group events!

Unfortunately, I live in a neighborhood where I'm unlikely to be able to do a full work commute due to the nature of the roads (and their drivers) closest to home. It's great to see more and more bikes around town, people dusting off their old bikes & some REAL consideration in metro planning for bikes as something more than kids' toys!