Old 07-31-08, 08:18 PM
freediver

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just went to a local kayak shop and bought a kid's folding seat- cost me $12 on sale. It's just like any camping/stadium seat that can be folded in half and uses straps on the side to support the backrest. I have it strapped down to the snap-deck in back and the front straps I run around the bars of my free-radical.

Normally my daughter (5) rides on that and my son(3) rides in the Burley trailer. When they were younger they both slept in the trailer. They always wear helmets when riding on the back of my bike. My son calls this "parade style" because I let him ride there during the fourth of July Parade this year.

Today we had a bunch of errands to run, but my wife had the Burley in the back of her car- don't ask.
In a pinch I attached my daughters tag-along to the back post of the Xtracyle and we biked all over town that way today- my son rode up on the kayak seat. I don't have everything perfected just yet, but it did work and we all got a nice long ride in the fresh air without any incidents.

Jon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
kid seat up1.jpg (89.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg
lockbox small.jpg (83.8 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by freediver; 05-02-09 at 08:30 PM.