Old 08-01-08, 09:19 AM
Gee3
Senior Moment Member

Bikes: Specialized Allez Elite Double & 2008 Look 555

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you want meat the House of Prime Rib is also on Van Ness (1906 Van Ness). I haven't been there in a few years but that was the place for good prime rib!

My sister used to rave about Harris' Restaurant on 2100 Van Ness as well. She said the service was excellent too. There's also a seafood place right across the street from there that always looked good. But I can't recall the name. (I used to work at the Jiffy Lube up the block from there!)

If you want Chinese my Texas friend loves Brandy Ho's on 217 Columbus. That might be more of a cab ride though. Although you are centrally located for lots of good places/tourist spots in the area including the wharf, Ghirardelli Square, Pier 39/Waterfront area, Chinatown, Embarcadero, etc...

For Italian... try Olive Garden! J/K!!!

For microbrews you can look up Gordon Biersch and try the garlic fries! Bring breath mints! Then walk along the waterfront right across the street. Also 21st Amendment on 2nd is cool too! The food is good as well.

And if the Giants are in town go catch a ball game at AT&T park! Tickets are easy to get... Doh! you'll literally run into scalpers or just go to the box office at the stadium or go online.

Have fun!
Gary