View Single Post
Old 08-01-08, 12:06 PM
stevesurf
another cat...FAB!

Bikes: Merlin Ti Build, Trek Y-50, Bianchi Titanium Build, Custom Cuevas Road bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by permanentjaun
It's that time of year again kids. The 26th Annual El Tour de Tucson is getting close. Tonight is the last night to register and have free processing fee's.

I'm registered as number 1537 and I'm doing the 109 mile UMC tour.

Lessons learned from my first time last year?
1. Eat dinner the night before.
2. Eat breakfast the morning of.
3. Bring a frame pump. I flatted 3 times and ran out of CO2
4. Don't try to lead a group for 10 miles only 30 miles in to the circuit. Stay at the front for 10 seconds and drop.
5. Don't be afraid to meet people, but focus when you're doing 30+ mph.
6. Make sure your seatpost is good. I saw one guy who didn't make it 10 feet because his post cracked before he even got on.
7. Have fun.

Here's the link to register: http://www.perimeterbicycling.com/On...egWelcome.html

Online registration ends Nov 16th and you may register at one of Perimeter Bicycling's offices or the expo until Nov 20th.

(Waiting for the sun to rise at the start line)
Thanks for the registration deadline; I love to procrastinate, but looks like I'll be doing the 109 with a friend. Why so many flats? I'm from out East and did the Montauk Century with no flats on Conti Grand Prix 4000's. And I don't exactly take it easy on the tube mounting (been known to pop a valve or two).

I really don't own a frame pump and have so many inflators. I generally bring 6 CO2's and three tubes on a Century, so I'm gonna roll the dice

Hope to see you there!