View Single Post
Old 08-03-08, 11:14 AM
PunkMartyr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have two feelings on this. The first I have a Lemond Etape which by no means the same bike (I know the Poprad Disc has disc brakes and steel frame just offhand) and I absolutely love the bike. The second is this is a common sales tactic and you will find yourself having these ideas even when not nudged by the salesman. This is the "there will never be an awesome deal like this again!" tactic. I am really bad about this with cars.

To give you one example, BMW recently released a 1 series bmw with a 6 cylinder twin turbo for a very reasonable price (a "1 series" price to be exact). I recognized it as something special before it even came out and the engine has already gone on to win awards and the car lots of praise. Now I don't know if you saw Transformers but Chevy is bringing the camaro back and it looks better than ever (as far as more recent years). To top it off Dodge is bringing the challenger back. Other car makers are in the works of developing fuel cell or biodiesel oriented cars that while not out yet are going to be hot when they come out. The fact is there will always be something else very very awesome if you pass on the at-the-moment deal. Unfortunately in the moment you will be kicking yourself but if you hang in you will see something as good or better will follow not long afterwards.