View Single Post
Old 08-04-08, 12:17 PM
drainyoo

Bikes: Capo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I hope you aren't serious because that comment is really disturbing.

I for one was very glad that the congestion plan didn't go through. Not because I don't want cleaner air in NYC, nor do I enjoy the traffic congestion, but because the plan was seriously flawed. It caused more bad than good and it didn't take into account all the people who HAVE to drive into work because they have no other option. There are plenty of other actions that can be taken to reduce congestion and improve the cities transportation system. I personally drive in to work quite often and my situation isn't as bad as people living in the outer borough or even out of the city. Still, taking the train or the subway is extremely inconvenient for me and my wife and I get to work and back home faster than the transit system. I would prefer taking the subway but it's too inconvenient and too unreliable to use.

The bus and subway systems in this city are an absolute joke. Start there. I heard on the news the other night that the MTA is planning installing seats in subway cars that fold up during rush hour. Excellent idea you morons! Make the subway even less desirable. Instead of increasing and improve the service, they are going to cram us all in there like cattle.

I have asthma and I would be ALL for a plan that would improve the air quality in the city. Instead of crying about the plan getting rejected, Bloomberg should sit down and really come up with a plan that makes sense and wouldn't alienate millions of commuters.

Last edited by drainyoo; 08-04-08 at 12:25 PM.