Old 08-07-08, 04:19 PM
Thommy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanx for the great photos everyone. I'm planning a new mixte for my significant other. As some of you may know, a few bike companies are threatening to produce a mixte frame built around 700c wheels. Great for me, I have tons of spare parts including 700 wheels and normal brake calipers. My lady and I will be approaching our golden years fairly soon, hence the mixte for her.
Here's what I'd like to build:
new mixte frame, 700c wheels, mtn. bike riser bars, 8 speed cassette (12-28), girlie Terry saddle (pink?) Shimano long cage Deore LX rear derailleur, 8 Speed Grip-shift and a Sugino single ring crankset using a 44 tooth chainring.
Pretty easy and straight forward. Here's my only problem. Will I have any problems with the chain jumping off the front chainring using an 8 speed cassette and a single chainring?
I'm assuming the bottom bracket (cartridge type) will be either a 107 or a 110, I suppose I won't know that part until I have an actual chain.
If any of you can help or provide some words of encouragement it would be much appreciated. Thank you all again for the motivating photos.