Old 08-11-08, 09:04 AM
Alathea
Mr. Frowny Man

Bikes: 2009 Giant Yukon single speed;2014 Foam Green Surly CrossCheck

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I'm liking the reading of all the back injuries in here-don't take that the wrong way, but it helps to see others doing stuff with all that. I got injured in the Army and I have L5-S1 and S1-S2 herniations, sciatic pain, and some nerve damage in my toes in my right foot from impingement. No surgical intervention yet-I'm keeping it at bay with conservative maintenance and pain killers (Ibu, Ultram, and flexaril). I don't want the VA going in to my lower back-i'm only 31 and really don't want them to mess it up. ( I don't think they do the titanium cages, either, last time I checked into it they wanted to fuse)

I ride a Specialized Hardrock, hardtail no suspension (though I may spring for a Suspension seatpost at some point). Its an older one so the top tube isn't dropped like the newer ones are. I swapped out the grips, im still playing with the saddle fore/aft and tilt, but I ride mostly upright so that's a plus. I currently ride about 12 miles a day round trip-mainly to work and back with a ride on the weekend sometimes-its hard to make myself get up 20-30 minutes early for excercise's sake when I can belt it to my workplace because I have to! (incentive....its a wonderful thing)