View Single Post
Old 08-11-08, 12:39 PM
Xanti Andia

Bikes: Co-Motion Mocha, Trek T100, Schwinn Fastback Comp, Specialized Stumpjumper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rodar y rodar
Have you traveled in Mexico? Its that I always imagined S.A. to be a bit dangerous, especially Brasil, Columbia and Venezuela. This is my perception and I do not have any real reason to think that- I`m not trying to claim it`s true. I`ve travelled extensively throughout Mexico and feel unsafe only in the captial. Since I haven`t ever talked to anybody who knows both Mexico and a large part of South America, I was wondering whether you are relating your experience or speculating the same as I am. ...
My direct experience in Mexico is only Mexico City, otherwise I only know what I have read. I suspect Mexico City, Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and possibly Caracas to be the most dangerous spots in Latin America. I expect that much of Mexico outside of DF is quite safe, less safe in border areas, both north and south. I was overly generalizing in my statement, but I have read several travel reports of problems in Central America (particularly Nicaragua, Honduras, and Guatemala), and suspect they have problems that do not end in their borders. I have traveled through much of South America, except for Venezuela, my only direct experience with crime has been being held up once in Buenos Aires.