fatherofmany

Location: Central Coast NSW Australia 33°26'16.05"S 151°20'39.43"E ish
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi from OZ

HI All,

33°26'16.05"S 151°20'39.43"E ish for those google earthers.

recently purchased a new Avanti Blade 2 for getting out and about on weekends. Nice little 20 miler (33km) around the water with a few good hills. Returned to cycling after a 10 year hiatus about 6 months ago and loving it.

Also have an old mtb that I have a childseat on for my 4 year old girl and a trailer for towing my twin girls 3yo, we usually do about 10 miles (16km) on a Saturday afternoon but it's out of action while I repair the damage to my crank & bearings all the extra weight - about 110lbs - 50kg I guess takes it's toll).

Son 6 rides along on his bmx but is now haggling for gears like dad!

The commute is a bit far, tried taking my bike on the train but it was kicked over a couple of times so I walk each end and reserve the riding for weekend atm, looking for work closer to home so I can commute.

Yeah, I may have to put up with tired wrists from flat bars, although I have extensions on the sides for hills, can alternate with them.

unsure about drop bars since I have lower back probs, compressed vertebrae and stuff all disc left between L4&5 so bending too far may not be that good.

So the blade was the best compromise, never know, it may strengthen my back enough to return to a 'road racer'

Last edited by fatherofmany; 09-13-08 at 06:48 AM.