View Single Post
Old 08-17-08, 08:57 AM
varuscelli
The Fenix Shillboy

Bikes: Raleigh F500 mountain bike and an exceptionally old (mid-60's) Schwinn Collegiate 5-speed.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wbchrist@comcas
I purchased the trustfire protected 2500mah 2 pack from DX. I was aware it needed a special charger so I also ordered the Ultrafire 3.6/3.7 battery Charger.

Thanks for the offer to take them off my hands, but i think I will just keep them, maybe the next torch I buy will use them.
Yeah, now that you've got them you might as well get a light that will use them.

From my limited experience, a great number of the flashlights that will use the 18650 are also very respectable flashlights. For instance, a Fenix TK11 at $78 via 4sevens.com (actually closer to $72 with the 8-percent discount) will use those...and it's a flashlight that can be used on a bike (some folks do so, in any case), even though it's realistically got a bit less spill than would be truly desirable in a bike light -- but the throw is great. And hey, the TK11 would be a heck of a flashlight just to own. And it's got a 2.7 hour runtime on high (225 lumens) with the 18650 (impressive no matter how it's used).