View Single Post
Old 08-17-08, 09:28 AM
varuscelli
The Fenix Shillboy

Bikes: Raleigh F500 mountain bike and an exceptionally old (mid-60's) Schwinn Collegiate 5-speed.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by speedlever
I need to find those Duracell batteries locally and try them.
You'll probably want to watch for the Duracells on sale somewhere to get a good price. The regular price (on average) seems to be around $13 plus tax for four of them (at least, where I live). I've seen them for less than $10 on sale and I think I even saw a 4-pack for $7.99 once at one of our local grocery stores. From Amazon.com you can get an 8-pack for around $19, but shipping costs will vary (in some cases you can get free shipping with Amazon, typically when they run those "free shipping with $25 purchase" deals).

On the Powerex batteries, the way to get them is to by more at once (for instance, in an 8-pack)...then shipping is decreased significantly by being spread out over a larger number of batteries. It's the small purchases that will mess you up with Thomas Distributing. The Powerex are still expensive, but from the overall performance standpoint, I love them.

I've got a bunch of the Energizers 2500 mAh batteries that have very inconsistent behavior after relative short times of use. Many no longer hold a charge well, and some have died completely (even when treated well). I no longer trust the overall performance of the Energizers and I think they perform well only for short periods of time, in a relative sense (and often, one will go bad before the others in the package, after which you have to figure out which one is messed up and affecting the performance of the others -- since any two or three or four used together perform only as well as the worst one).