View Single Post
Old 08-18-08, 11:02 AM
FixedDrinks

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mark V Pro-water bottle bosses?

Anyone have the most recent version of this frame? Mark V Pro-with the 631 tubing? Just got one from UPS-looks beautiful, except no bottle bosses? What's the deal? IRO website says yes, my frame says no No, not a total deal closer, if I was going to build a frame with one water bottle boss, I'd probably put it on the downtube instead of the seat tube. Luckily I have several options for adding cages, from back when I rode a pista,but I was kinda hoping there was a least one set of braze ons there so bike isn't all jury rigged looking. I'll try to give IRO a call and see what's what; whether frame is is missing bosses, or this model doesn't have any and the website description is wrong. Why do I care? because I occasionally go for longer rides, where it's important to carry more water, especially in the summer.

In any case I got a lugged IRD 43mm fork on the way, chris king headset+ new formula/open pros coming-build should be a beautiful thing of simplicity, clean lines and functional nice looking parts.

Last edited by FixedDrinks; 08-19-08 at 09:20 AM.