Bikes: Trek 7200

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
mmmm First off I am going to give this address
http://www.parktool.com/repair_help/....shtml#headset

Now I am going to critique you (Sorry)
thing which holds the handlebars...possibly stem?
In my BMX days we called it the gooseneck. now its something completly different and now comes in multible parts. there is a pole or pipe that goes into the virtical section of the front of the bike. there is a long bolt that fits inside of this pipe. loosen this but do not take it out completely. Put your front tire between your legs standing up, facing your bike and turn your handle bars. They should be loose now and you can take the bars and the pipe out from the bike now.

If you are looking to just take care of your bars then make sure that all of the above is NOT done. Put it all back together, that way with the handle bars and the neck, put back on the bike give you better leverage loosening those bolts that hold the bars on.

In order to adjust your bars or take them off the neck. then look for 2 or 4 bolts at the center of the bars. loosen those bolts. you should be able to adjust your bars now. If not then look at your neck. were there 2 or 4 bolts? If 2 then you have a "C" type bar clamp. take a flat head screw driver and pry it out just a tad and that dhouls do the trick. If there were 4 bolts then you have a two peice. take out all the bolts and the bar should fall off. After you have it apart then start cleaning.

Hope this helps