HiYoSilver
Rides again

Bikes: Giant OCR T, Trek SC

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dchiefransom
Well, I think the best answer is that it will ever happen. Once you get used to riding at a certain level, somehow you just seem to hook up with a faster group, and start working your way up all over again.
Yesterday, your comment made no sense. Today it is wisdom. My "not normal" is not really a hurt or pain. It is more the feeling between the 5 minute cool down and the normal body experiences. You know where the upper thigh muscles are tight and you need to move your legs a bit just because it feels better to get the stiffness out. I am still aware of them having recently exercised. I was thinking after I got back into shape, it would be more like delivering papers. You really didn't notice your leg muscles, you just used them.

Others, I do not concentrate on speed because that is too frustrating and encourages me to over do it. I simply try to keep cadence between 55 and 65. If I get up to 70, I shift to a higher gear and slow down cadence a bit. Where I really feel the muscles working are A-- working to clear an intersection, and B-- one 10 house hill that I can barely handle by the time I get to the top.

Based on your suggestions, I'm going to try 2 to 3 times a week until the legs are stronger. Thanks.