View Single Post
Old 08-18-08, 05:36 PM
mcoomer
Rat Bastard

Bikes: Cannondale Prophet, Specialized S-Works SL2, Specialized S-Works Stumpjumper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Guys...we've got to sell our MTB's!

Saw this on MSN today. An entire article on why men fall asleep after sex. They talk about the chemistry involved, blah, blah, blah. I just always thought it was a good time for a nap.

Eco-friendly transportation could damage your testicles

Whether you’re bicycling to reduce your carbon footprint, save money on gas or get fit, make sure you’re cushioned properly. Cycling doesn’t cause male infertility, but it can lead to testicular damage, impaired sperm functioning and erectile problems. Urological surgeon Vinod Nargund from St. Bartholomew’s and Homerton Hospitals in London found that mountain bikers are more affected than road cyclists.

Dr. Nargund lists the potential problems of prolonged cycling: abrasions, chafing, damaged hair follicles and bruising. Sweating may cause skin problems and a general soreness.

Symptoms to watch for include genital numbness, erection problems and skin irritations. To stay healthy, wear shorts with protective padding. Make sure your seat is also padded, and adjust its position so it doesn’t put pressure on your groin.

There was more to the article but that's what caught my eye. I guess that means I'm selling the Prophet and spending more time on the roadie..........

Not! After 19 years my wife's probably seen more of my penis than she ever wanted to anyway

Mike