Old 08-20-08, 11:00 AM
spacehippo
Sauce

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Used Evil Imperial HT for 700.00?

so, I found a decently used black Evil Imperial hardtail with some decent components (as good as I'll probably ever need) totally complete for about 700.00. I do know these frames are unavailable now as the company stopped making them and are now out of business as far as I know. I have seen them sell for 500-800 for just the frame alone.

I'm sure some of you have DH/FR/urban backgrounds but I just thought I'd ask here. I don't peruse this forum too much because I'm not too big into MTB or FR yet, but I'd like to be in the near future.
I want a bike I can beat the **** out of in the city... and eventually get into larger 6-9ft urban stair and dirt jumps when I get some balls. From what I hear, that frame will outlive me. HT is the way to go for urban stuff and some bigger jumps right? I have always thought FS was not good for mainly concrete stuff. I will be taking this bike to the dirt as well. Obviously the geometry will be bad for most anything else like long rides and trails. but that's not what it's for nor what I'm buying it for.

Should I Buy it? I shouldn't spend the money, but I feel like that's too good of a deal. I can't let it pass. I really want a jumpy bike. Thanks in advance.