View Single Post
Old 08-21-08, 04:46 PM
staehpj1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1251 Post(s)
Liked 754 Times in 560 Posts
Originally Posted by BengeBoy
Sorry if I have missed this in one of the 10,000 previous threads mentioning these same 5 bikes (LHT, 520, Randonee, Windsor, Fuji....)....but, what is the price of the Fuji these days? And does it go on sale?
I have heard prices all over the place on them. You would have to check the local dealer.

Originally Posted by BengeBoy
I am just wondering how big the price difference really is, if you buy the Fuji, and:

- get the store to give you one free tune
- get clipless pedals at dealer cost
- get them to swap out the inner chainwheel at dealer cost
- get a brooks saddle (or other) at dealer cost
- get them to go through and true up the wheel after the first 1,000 miles
- get two water bottle cages, two water bottles, a patch kit, two spare tubes and multitool at dealer cost

These are all the things that (IMHO) are reasonable to ask for when you buy a bike in a store. Especially if they sell you the house-brand stuff.
If you want all of the things that you listed it might well make the Fuji cheaper depending on what your LBS is charging for the bike. In our case we didn't really care about the tuneup and wheel true because I would have done them myself any way. We liked the stock saddle fine (no complaints in 4244 miles in 73 days on the TA). You really need to compare and evaluate based on what you need.

Bottom line? Any one of the 5 bikes mentioned could be the best deal depending on your preferences and the deal your dealer offers.