BikEthan
JRA.

Bikes: '07 IRO Mark V, '01 Cannondale Jekyll 3000, '07 Rivendell Atlantis

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz
Wow, cool job! Don't you just love those hills that you think are about to end but don't?...Nice on the guys that stayed out late for support!

Total ascent? 5k early on is some good climbing!

Nice report but no pics!
11,300 ft total ascent according to the organizers. Forgot to put in the total climbing thanks for the heads up!

Unfortunately one of the frequent occupational hazards of being a photographer is that you either don't have any small point and shoot cameras or you just don't want to be bothered with taking photos while doing something "fun". That being said, I apologize for the lack of photos, but the only camera I could bring was a DSLR and the idea of lugging that thing up all those hills was enough to make me want to leave it at home. Next year I'll get a smaller camera and post pics.

Originally Posted by Crabster
Thank you for writing up your experience. That was awesome. I hope to be able to a Century one day.
You'll do it. It is mainly a matter of setting the much more attainable goals along the way. At the beginning of this season the longest ride I had ever been on was 40 miles and that had been about 10 years ago.
2006 Rockhopper Comp Disc (Icebike)