Old 08-26-08, 08:03 AM
timo888 

Bikes: Birdy BD-1. Change MTB. Fuji XC. Marin Four Corners

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Tommy C
I have just seen your pics and i have to admit, the bike looks to small for you... i know you are 6'2 but i have seen taller people ride on Dahon with no mod and it was a nicer look.....

... i just honestly think that for your size you better buy a more main streamish machine.
The Dahon Mu is a nice bike and I believe it is competition for the Xootr Swift. However, as far as sizing options are concerned, the Swift is the more configurable of the two bikes.

The distance from seatpost to handlebar on the Mu is a maximum of 65 centimeters (according to the Dahon website), whereas on the Swift, if it's outfitted with a 130mm or 150mm stem, that distance can be extended to 70~72 centimeters (based on actual measurements at a fairly short seat height--it would be considerably greater when the seat is raised, though that yields a torso position with greater forward lean unless offset to some degree by stem rise ... or arm-length).

Regards
T

P.S. Also, bar-ends on the Swift would provide yet further choice in terms of riding position, and wouldn't interfere with the fold, inasmuch as the Swift's stem-riser is not part of the fold.

Last edited by timo888; 08-26-08 at 08:22 AM.