View Single Post
Old 08-27-08, 09:28 AM
Allegheny Jet

Bikes: confidential infromation that I don't even share with my wife

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
You are lucky that you have found the support available to members of BF. There are others just like you who have imbided in "Bike Lube" and overcome it's destructive nature. Once you admit to N +1 you are on your way to redemption. Are you addicted? You'll need to test yourself. The first thing you should do is purchase that road bike and begin to ride it everyday possible. Then after a pierod of time purchase an indoor trainer and see if you desire to spend mindless and painful hours riding your road bike affixed to the trainer in your basement, all the while wishing for better weather so you can once again feel the euphoria your soul seeks. Once the new riding season dawns, only then, will you be able to determine if you are addicted. On the first rides' of the new season you will appreciate everything about riding a nice bike but there may be a little doubt creeping into the back of your mind. You feebly ask yourself, "could I ride faster with new lighter wheels, could I ride up the hills better with a CF bike, would I be more comfortable with a Brooks saddle, I wonder if a cross bike would?"... If the voice gets stronger and stronger and you begin to research the questions and even visit the LBS you are on your way to addiction. If so, just come back here to your friends, cause we all understand and will accept you anyway.