Old 08-28-08, 01:27 AM
Pedaleur
Je pose, donc je suis.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Pedaleur
As you see, it can be hit-or-miss. The best you can do is contact the airline -- too bad they can't be consistent. At the very minimum, print off the relevant page from their internet site so you have some ammunition.

Also, note that for code sharing flights, you should really contact the actual airline that is running the flight. United and SAS, for example, have different terms.

United, in my experience, is one of the worst (though SAS, strangely, is one of the best) when it comes to bikes.
Heh, heh. For the heck of it, I just checked their website, and everything listed only applies to domestic flights, with the disclaimer that for international flights, contact the airline.

You're screwed.

(OK, actually, I have found that international flights are usually cheaper than domestic for this sort of thing. If you decide to take your bike, make sure that it is smaller than 115 linear inches (H+W+L), the maximum they will likely accept. Also, make sure it is less than 50 lbs., the usual cut-off, or better yet, 22kg, the Euro cut-off. Otherwise you risk being hit with both an oversized fee and an overweight fee.)