View Single Post
Old 08-28-08, 10:37 PM
varuscelli
The Fenix Shillboy

Bikes: Raleigh F500 mountain bike and an exceptionally old (mid-60's) Schwinn Collegiate 5-speed.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
On the Duracell versus Energizer, I've had bad overall experiences with the Energizers and at one time had 20-something of them. Too many of them went bad or lost ability to hold a good charge too early. They've performed very inconsistently for me.

The Duracell 2650 mAH NiMH batteries are my favorites as off-the-shelf (that is, available at retail stores and not requiring internet ordering). Those are the ones that Cave means, I'm pretty sure. But, they tend to be very expensive if you don't find them on sale. They can run as high as $13 for four of them retail priced. But, over the internet, you can usually find eight packs for about $19 (check with Amazon.com).

My personal favorites over the internet are PowerEx from Thomas Distributing (www.thomas-distributing.com/). Expensive, but worth it for the great performance.

On chargers, I advise not to get a cheap one. They tend to charge batteries in such a way as to shorten the battery life span. Spend more on a good charger and get more life out of the batteries. Good chargers more than pay for themselves.

The La Crosse BC-900 is a good one. For a great deal at Thomas-Distributing on that charger including a bunch of batteries, check this: La Crosse BC-900 at Thomas Distributing. Use that EXACT link and don't just search for the charger on the site or you might end up with one that does not include the eight Eneloops. This is a fantastic deal via that link (with eight Eneloop AA, four La Crosse AA, and four La Crosse AAA batteries accompanying a really good charger) and I highly recommend it.