View Single Post
Old 08-31-08, 03:54 AM
I saw Elvis

Bikes: Colnago

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
In all seriousness if you don't get motivated to ride then don't do it. If you want to get motivated set your self goals,
When I work with riders I get them to set a series of goals, both long tern and short term.
The long term goal can be something like ride a 150k sportive in September and the short term goals can be to ride shorter events, do a specific training route, climb a specific hill, join a club anything.
But the goals all need to be achievable or else you're wasting your time. Sit down and look at how much time you have to ride, what your other life commitments are and what goals you could realistically accomplish. The big goals should be something you have to stretch for, that way you get a great sense of achievement, the small goals should be easily achievable and regular so you get a boost from them, but also cos you'll see a progression and see how they act as a stepping stone to the big goal(s).
Also I sometimes suggest a 'reward' for each goal or for the big one, maybe treat yourself to something you'd like. Also get your family and friends involved, let them know what your big goal is, let them know what your short term goals are. That adds a little pressure on you to prove you can do it, but also helps with support and encouragement, especially if you don't feel like going out on the bike.
Keep focused, keep you goals in mind and work to a plan that will see you hit those goals and feel good about doing so.
Hope that helps. Good luck.