View Single Post
Old 05-17-02, 09:39 AM
a2psyklnut

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This reminds me of a story my Mom tells.

First a little background. My Mom is spanish and must talk with her hands in a highly animated fashion. I no longer drive with her due to her inattentive driving, but that's another story!

Regardless, my Aunt, her sister was visiting and they hadn't seen each other in a couple of years.

My dad just bought a new Corvette. We lived near the center of the state, but were spending the summer at a beach house. About and hour drive.

Well, Mom and Auntie were heading back Home one early morning and talking simultaneously in the highly animated fashion and not really paying attention. This was only the first or second time driving the new car. Mom states, "I can barely get this car to 55, it's hard to control."

They make the trip in just over 25 minutes! Mom was looking at the rpm gauge! That's entering the red-line zone! We figure she was hitting 120 + !!!!!!!!!

Mom almost fainted when she realized what she had done! The good thing (funny thing) was she never sped before or after that!

Pretty Scary Huh?
L8R
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW, What a Ride!" - unknown
"Your Bike Sucks" - Sky Yaeger