Old 09-02-08, 11:02 PM
Beaker
moth -----> flame

Bikes: 11 CAAD 10-4, 07 Specialized Roubaix Comp, 98 Peugeot Horizon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I like your take RedRider, a ride does end up being a solitary challenge, even in a group (I'm not antisocial, really), how many times do you start off a climb as a group only to end up in your own little concentration zone trying to work out how to survive long enough to remember an epic climb?

Thanks everyone for your kind words and encouragement - I realized that the part I had not include in my report was that this was the goal I'd set myself this year, from closing out last year riding 15-20miles on my hybrid. It was great to see an opportunity to get this one done and find that the climbs I'd been putting myself through seem to have helped me pace myself and really enjoy the climb.

It's funny, back in the office today, I kept thinking about how much I wanted to go back and do it again -- it occurred to me that it really does take a few rides to really get to know a climb. Hmm, think I'll hold that thought for another post.

PS - Pete, straining a biit I think I might just have, yes possibly did see something moving to the south. It must have been you.