View Single Post
Old 04-25-01, 07:03 PM
RainmanP
Mr. Cellophane

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
In the thread "Rainman Missing" I believe it was HogWild, aka Carl, who first bestowed the moniker "Rainma'am" on my better, I should say MUCH better half. Against my better judgment, I advised Mrs. Rainman that she now had an official nickname on this forum. Her response was predictable. As I have shared with Pete Clark before, when presented with this sort of information from me, Mrs. Rainman has this little reaction wherein her eyes roll so far back in their sockets, I sometimes fear surgery will be required. This one nearly did result in a trip to the emergency room for correction. Luckily, however, I was able to correct the situation with a gentle, and I must stress very loving, bop on the back of the head. The eyes did return to their normal locations, but only after rolling around like the images on a slot machine as sometimes seen on cartoons. It has taken a couple of days for her to recover completely, and now she has something to say to the group.

First, a little background. You must understand that Mrs. Rainman married far beneath herself in terms of the "cool" factor. (If you could see the way I dress to ride, especially in cool weather, you might agree.) So we have this little daily ritual at our house that involves a little "altar" with her picture, me on my knees thanking my lucky stars, and massaging her feet with soothing lotion. That should give you some idea of the balance of power in the Rainman household.

So after careful consideration, Mrs. Rainman decided and declared that "Rainma'am" was not an appropriate nickname for one of her stature. It is her contention that if she absolutely must have a nickname (not necessarily a foregone conclustion in her opinion) that it should be something more reflective of reality. Therefore, henceforth and forever, the individual formerly referred to as "Rainma'am" shall be known in these hallowed forums as "Rainbabe".

So let it be written. So let it be done.
Hereunto I set my hand this twenty-fifth day of April in the year of our Lord two thousand, one.
(signed)
Rainman