View Single Post
Old 09-04-08, 02:17 PM
Silverexpress

Bikes: Commuter(s), MTB(s), bent(s), folder(s) and a road.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by GeneticFlea
ive got a tikit on order at College park bikes. Is there anything i need to be worried about or need to check over before taking it out of there? im a bike newb, but I dont want a defective tikit on my first run!
If it is a custom build coming from Bike Friday and you are just picking it up at College Park, then there is really nothing to check but to make sure that it's adjusted to fit.

If it is something they are pulling from their storage/backroom and unpackaging for the first time, then you need to check the following....

1. If it is a hyperfold model, check to make sure it has a single thick Hyperfold cable.
2. The seat post and stem post catches are metal not plastic. These are mounted on the main frame.
3. Run your fingers through the spokes and make sure that none are loose
4. Lift the bike up and freely rotate the wheels to ensure that the hubs are adjusted correctly. The wheels should rotate smoothly. If it feels rough, like it was riding on tiny ridges then the axle nuts are set to tight (loosening the quick release will not fix this).
5. Apply brakes and make sure they return to a state wherein they don't rub.
6. Inspect frame, and sub frames for dings, dents, repaints, touchups, and bends.
7. Take it for a test ride
8. Fold and Unfold to ensure nothing binds or rubs where its not suppose to.

Goodluck, and hope you enjoy it!

Last edited by Silverexpress; 09-05-08 at 04:43 PM.