Old 11-19-04, 08:34 AM
Juniper
Digs technical steeps

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by khuon
I've never smacked into a bird. Plenty of spider webs though and plenty of insects... I did get attacked by a flock of birds once. I s'pose they liked the colour of my helmet or something.
The worst encounter I've had with something like that was when a wasp flew between my glasses and my eyelid and went crazy. I could kind of see it coming towards me on a 'bee line' just to the left of me. Of course, I thought it would just zip by. It flew straight in between my shades and my face and freaked out; eventually stinging me right on my eyelid. There was nothing I could do in the two seconds it took for it to all happen! I whipped my glasses off, just flung them, but it was too late. I crashed (I was just meandering) but hardly noticed it because of what was going on with my eye.

My eyelid and cheek swelled to the point that I had to pull my eyelid open with my fingers a few times a day for about three days to make sure I still had vision. I suppose the swelled area looked like the size of a softball cut in half and layed on my face. I looked like I was wearing a hallowean mask and it totally freaked everyone who saw me for a week or so! Weird.