View Single Post
Old 09-05-08, 03:14 PM
froze
Banned.

Bikes: 84 Trek 660 Suntour Superbe; 87 Giant Rincon Shimano XT; 07 Mercian Vincitore Campy Veloce

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cyccommute
Every single jointed rim I have ever used...and I assure you that I've used plenty of them...have a noticeable bump in the brakes at the joint.

You need to make up your mind (and maybe not be so damned crabby). Which is it? You've either never owned a rim that bumped or you've sanded the 'bump' down. You are contradicting yourself.

Machined rims are better then pin jointed rims only in that they have a smoother braking surface without an annoying bump at the joint. Exactly what I said the first time. Even if you take the bump out with sand paper, it's still there prior to removal.
Oh boy here we go.

You either can't read. can't comprehend, or not interested in reading.

Did you notice in my post I said that only rims that were either the cheapest of the cheapest, which by the way are no longer made and haven't been for years; or prior to about 1975 we had to sand, after that the rims were built so good sanding was no longer needed. THE "BUMP" is no longer there, though the seam, howbeit very fine is still there.

I noticed you also didn't read the web site I gave you ,which comes from an expert far more knowledgable then either you or I on this subject which DEBUNKS all you said!