View Single Post
Old 09-05-08, 08:38 PM
Hydrated
Reeks of aged cotton duck

Bikes: 2008 Kogswell PR mkII, 1976 Raleigh Professional, 1996 Serotta Atlanta, 1984 Trek 520, 1979 Raleigh Comp GS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by forrest_m
I'm shying away from leather after hearing about the extra care people have to exercise to keep them from deforming when they get wet. Half the reason I'm doing this is to get a good rain bike...
Bah... I use Brooks on all of my bikes, including my daily commuter. I put Proofide on it when I put it on the bike, and after that the only treatment it gets is butt sweat. It gets ridden in the rain... cold... heat... no ill effects. No additional maintenance required. Yeah... I wouldn't leave it sitting out shackled to the bike rack in the rain, but hell... whaddaya expect? Just ride it and don't obsess over how many microns of protective wax is on the surface.

Originally Posted by banerjek
I recently test rode a Brooks and I must say that I was amazed how comfortable it was. However, my weight weenie side refuses to get one. Does anyone who spends all day on their bikes like using a regular racing saddle?
I can absolutely guarantee that you won't feel the weight difference between this saddle and a high zoot titanium ass-hatchet. If you're THAT worried about it... carry a half bottle less water!