Old 09-06-08, 11:43 AM
RalphMalph

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I say buy whatever jacket is made out of eVent, has good reviews, and is closest to your budget.

Gore allows vapor to pass, only after it has condensed into tiny droplets, while eVent allows your body to actually breathe.

Another drawback regarding Gore is that the temperature outside of your suit has to be colder (maybe hotter, I forget) than inside for it to even pass those droplets through.

The military did an unbiased test comparing Gore XCR and eVent and eVent won hands down.

http://www.feedthehabit.com/news/gro...event-fabrics/

Go to backpackgeartest.org and read reviews of various eVent jackets and basically every review I have read (Even when they review a jacket that over all is not well made) the reviewer claims that it is hands down the most breathable/waterproof material thus far.

I do not use an eVent or Gore rain jacket. I have an Adidias rain jacket (PU I believe), but has so many vents in it I truly believe it is more breathable than unvented Gore. And is durable as heck.

But I do use eVent shoes and they are no different than non-waterproof shoes regarding heat, breathability, etc.. and I live in florida.

eVent is the new standard for breathable waterproof material.