View Single Post
Old 09-08-08, 11:50 AM
Shimagnolo

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3355 Post(s)
Liked 5,434 Times in 2,812 Posts
Originally Posted by GV27

For those of you who haven't experienced goatheads, you just have no idea. They'll flat a friggin car tire! At one point there was a thread on here where somebody posted a close-up of a goat head, then a picture of a tank crushing a car, then a photochop of the same tank upside down with a goat head stuck in it's track! LOL. That about sums it up. Glass? A goathead will go through glass. I've never tried it, but I bet a goathead would scratch a diamond. Nails? Use a goat head as a nail if you find yourself in a situation where a steel nail just ain't tough enough.
The most accurate description of goatheads, ever!

I had never had a flat living for years in the Midwest. Then I moved to Denver, and BOTH tires on BOTH bikes were flatted by by goatheads in the first two weeks, just commuting to work on PAVEMENT. (And these were 2" MTB tires). I tried Tuffys; The goatheads went right through them. I finally settled on Slime. But I've learned the Slime can only do it's job if the goathead is completely removed. If it is still in there, it will wiggle around preventing the Slime from clotting.