Old 09-08-08, 07:22 PM
Roody
Sophomoric Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Dear Lurkers--Come out and play with us! Or at least register & introduce yourself!

Dear lurkers,

This forum is starting to slow down a little because we haven't gotten enough new members in the last few weeks. I notice that usually there are far more guests than members reading the posts. Trouble is, guests can't post! Only members can post! And there's no way we can keep the conversation going unless we continually get new members who are willing to post to the forum.

So if you are a guest--AKA a lurker--you're really not pulling your weight on the forum. You're letting just a few of us do all the work. Definitely not cool.

I know that I have gotten a lot out of being a Bikeforums member for the last few years--information, companionship, laughs, even tears. I think I've also given a lot to other members, and that feels good too. Like many of you, I was also a lurker for a long time before I finally took the effort to register and type my first post. But now, even years later, I am so glad that I finally did make that effort.

I hope that a few of you will make that effort to register as a member of Bikeforums. If you do, I hope you'll also type a short message here to introduce yourself to the rest of us. It really is important that we get some "fresh meat" here. You can make a big difference in the quality of this forum, and I think you'll get a lot out of it also.

To the regulars--as new people register and post, let's be sure to show them what a friendly bunch we are. I know that we'll remember to draw them out, ask polite questions, and help them to feel at home. (It also will help to "bump" this thread for the next couple weeks so it will stay where new people can see it.)

"Think Outside the Cage"

Last edited by Roody; 09-08-08 at 07:25 PM.