Old 09-09-08, 08:39 PM
Tommy C

Bikes: 2007 Dahon Mu P8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
How come the new shim doesn't fit on my Dahon Mu P8

So here the story, we have two 2007 Dahon Mu P8 that we bought last month, I have received a new shim and seatpost from Dahon to replace my damaged seatpost, the shim and seatpost came from Dahon California (warranty replacement). I have pulled the old one and installed the new one with the new seatpost but the seatpost doesn't go in smoothly AT ALL, not even an inch. I have tried to install the new shim on the my second Dahon Mu and same thing, it doesn't fit !!!... I took the good shim from the good bike and installed it on the "problematic" Mu and guess what ? it works fine ! So I have contacted Dahon and they don't understand how come the new shim doesn't fit, the weird thing is that i have three shims right now; the good the bad and the new from Dahon and they are all different, the upper lip that sits on the frame is different.... I don't get it.... I have inspected both bikes for imperfections to see why the new shim doesn't fit but I don't see anything unusual and even if the problematic bike has imperfections or frame damage (the bike is new) how come the other shim from the other Mu fits perfectly ???

Comments will be much appreciated,

TC

Last edited by Tommy C; 09-09-08 at 10:17 PM.