Old 09-10-08, 03:54 PM
skeem

Bikes: types that go fast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
powergrip hardware issues

i have had powergrips for as long as ive had my current fixie. ive been somewhat pleased with them except when i wear a nike sb and its too wide and it feels awkward on long rides, but thats my problem. i recently noticed that the little metal strap-holder-mechanism on the left pedal was bent in towards the pedal a bit. i tried bending it back by banging it with a wrench and its good enough- my bikes pedal straps do not have to be perfect, they just need to secure my foot. but im wondering if there are any solutions to the bending of this clamp, i try and do tricks sometimes and when i need to bail usually the fragile metal appendage hits the ground first. is it possible to simply bend in the clasp so its closer to the pedal and then adjust the strap accordingly? or if i break the thing, do shops normaly sell powergrip hardware (ive never looked)? also, im looking into just gettting soma clips and double straps to solve the problem, but i really dont want it to have to come to that. thanks