Old 09-10-08, 10:35 PM
bike_curious?
Bike_curious?

Bikes: '08 Giant OCR3, 80's Raliegh Grand Prix, 90's Trek 420, Schwinn Mantray

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I ride because I'm training for a Century to benefit MS. My good friend's mother has MS and I wanted to help her some way. I did some research online and found out about the Irvine to San Diego MS Century and how much they raise awareness and money to fight MS. I thought about my friend's mother and how she struggles every day to have some normalcy and the idea of riding 100 miles seemed to pale in comparison. I know by riding I'm not directly helping her but every time I get on my bike it makes me appreciate being able to get on my bike. Any excuse I could come up with for not riding seems ridiculous. The one thing I didn't anticipate is how much riding has helped me. I've been training for 2 months now and I've exceeded my goals and I'm a lot fitter than I was when I started. Only 30 days till the ride and I'm up to 55 miles on a single ride. I'm proud of my progress but I know I have a lot to do before the Century. I'm a life long convert now and hope to be riding well into my old age.