View Single Post
Old 09-11-08, 07:33 PM
BluesDawg
just keep riding

Bikes: 2018 Black Mountain Cycles MCD,2017 Advocate Cycles Seldom Seen Drop Bar, 2017 Niner Jet 9 Alloy, 2015 Zukas custom road, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB, 1980ish Fuji S-12S

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by dguest
The LBS where I bought the bikes only caries Specialized and the LBS that was at the meeting caries TREK. They are the only 2 LBS with in 80 miles of where I live.

As far as the type of riding we have in the area and that we will be doing. 75% will be either gravel multi use trails or true mountain bike trails and 20% will be on tar and gravel rural roads with about 5% on actual asphalt.
Trek and Specialized both make a wide range of very good bicycles. I wouldn't totally rule out the guy who spoke to your meeting, even if he is too strongly opinionated. There is a thread of truth behind some of his opinions, but he needs to be more open minded and flexible. There may be other people at his shop who could be more helpful when you are looking for your next bikes.

I think the Crosstrail Elite bikes you ordered will be very good for the kind of riding you plan to do. I hope the LBS worked carefully with you to determine the right size as the Crosstrails are sized very oddly.