Old 09-12-08, 07:13 AM
supcom
You need a new bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Six jours
I'd be pretty displeased with 4-5 flats in less than 200 miles, but I'd also chalk it up to some pretty bad luck. I guess I had 4-5 flats during the lifespan of my set, and I consider that excessive. My current Grand Boise are the Hetre 42mm 650b and so far (2000 miles or so) I have had no flats and very little wear. I figure these will go 5000 miles on the back and ???? on the front. But they are a little heavier than most "performance" cyclists want to use.

As for new vs. old, AFAIK the "old" ones were the white labels and haven't been available for quite some time -- several years, I think. The "new" ones are the green labels and what everyone has been using, myself included. If there are newer ones than that I am not aware of it, but what I am unaware of is a lot.

HTH!
4 or 5 flats in 200 miles is not the tire's fault. Perhaps a piece of glass was left embedded in the tire? Although Grand Bois tires are not particularly flat-proof, the lower pressure does help reduce flats. I rarely have flats on long rides with them.