mutermom

Bikes: 1988 Jamis Diablo, 1988 Centurion Sport, 2007 Giant Rincon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
family-specific tours?

Hi,

I've hunted around in the touring forum and haven't found an answer to this, so thought I'd post it here.

I'm looking for the bike-equivalent of a wonderful canoe trip we did this summer with Centennial Canoe in Colorado. The tour company offers a 2-day Family Trip where they specifically target families. The kids (mine are 11 and 14) made new friends, enjoyed the activity, and loved the entire experience. My husband and I enjoyed the other adults, who were all very laid-back and friendly. It was an exceptional experience for all of us.

Can anyone recommend a similar tour or company for road biking? I've looked online at some family bike tour places, and I'm not sure what is the best choice for kids our age. My dream tour would be a Tandem Tour for Families, since the kids don't have to bear the entire burden of getting themselves from point A to B, they don't have to stay at camp and do crafts while the adults ride, as some companies do for younger kids, and they get to enjoy meeting their travel companions.

Western Spirt offers a Family/Teen mountain bike ride on the White Rim Trail that we are looking at for spring 2010. They also have family trips, but they may be geared toward younger kids. Has anyone done any of these or have any experience with what I'm looking for?

Many thanks!