DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by DnvrFox

Know what?

There were folks in wheelchairs and with other disabilities when they built the subway

Originally Posted by Your response
And? What that has to do with now is beyond me. There was also no requirement to accomodate people in the year 1904, so pointing out that people have always lived with wheelchairs is like saying people have always been fat
If you can't figure THAT out, then I guess there IS no hope!

Simply stated:

1. There were folks in wheel chairs and with other disabilities when the subway was built.

2. If they had accommodated those folks (law or not) at the time they were built, we would not be having this discussion today.

Clear enough, or do I need to express it in simpler language?

As for the rest of your post:

1. The law does NOT require them to do it all now, as you so incorrectly state. There are time extensions allowed, which I clearly stated in my previous posts. Please read them.

2. New York receives a great deal of its transportation moneys from the US Government (the same government spending 5 billion per day on that nasty war). If the feds were not spending that money on the war, there might be more for other priorities. If you were not aware of how much of your transportation money comes from the feds, I'm sorry, but you are now educated.

3. Amazing how cities find money for stadiums, arenas, highways, high salaries, etc. It is a matter of priorities. Yes, it IS possible for the City of New York to assist the MTA in meeting the obligations under the law.

fini