View Single Post
Old 09-17-08, 07:40 PM
umd
Banned

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac SL2, Specialized Tarmac SL, Giant TCR Composite, Specialized StumpJumper Expert HT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by astonmartinag
Thats great! Yeah, on days where I've got three pounds of water on my asss it feels like someone just put a weight on my rear wheel. Huge difference.
to be clear, I meant that the effects of the drug was limiting my performance, not the weight. I was in a break on my tuesday lunchtime ride and had trouble maintaining a power level that should not have been a problem. I still had an ok top end but no stamina... I felt like I was going to explode and had to sit out a few rotations, and would have been dropped (by the break) if they hadn't held up for me.

Today, off the ibuprofen entirely the ribs bothered me a little on my ride to work but I hardly noticed while climbing at lunch. Out of the saddle climbing was ok too. I wasn't going for any big power but was able to hold a decent climbing effort for 20 min or so. The only issue was that my hr and rpe were higher than they should have been relative to the power.