View Single Post
Old 09-18-08, 09:09 PM
Anti404

Bikes: 2015 Scott Solace 30, 2007 CAAD9 Optimo 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Though I'm only eighteen, I suffer from many bodily aches/pains/ailments that normally are not a problem to others my age; thus, I am unable to do many of the physical activities that would normally be conducive to my health, an oft-used excuse of mine for my weight issues.
However, four months ago I rode my first road bike, and decided that it was my ticket to freedom. Prior to this, I seriously thought of suicide as an option out. No friends, nothing to do with my life, constant pain. However, cycling has allowed me to think of almost none of those things. Rather than worrying about my lack of friends, I worry about whether or not my bike needs some sort of maintenance. Pain? Meh, I'll just go cycle to, maybe, help with my arthritic joints/back and the disorders of my legs.

So, for lesser reasons, I greatly agree with you, Patentcad. In no way do I think I'm a good cyclist, nor do I want to be told as such. And yes, the constant jeers about my somewhat "chubby", spandex wrapped body only help to increase my "drive" to do what I find is fun and exciting.