View Single Post
Old 09-21-08, 05:55 PM
87pinkcapri

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello everyone, newbie here

Hello everyone. I have been "cruising" this forum for a short time and thought it would be nice to join everyone here and get started on a new life. I have had many surgeries on my back and have been sitting in my livingroom on a stationary MR Bike for about 3 months. My choice of outside exercise now that I have recovered, is to bicycle. When I was young it was what I loved to do. Unfortunately I never had anything bigger than the old banana seat hi-rise handlebar bike my dad bought me. Now 40 years later I am trying to get into it again and for the rest of my life.

I have heard that sometimes getting on a bike for the first time in so many years can do damage to your groin or other parts of your body. If there is anyone out there with the knowledge to help me get started on the right path, I would appreciate any stories, advice, or medical help you could send my way. If you know of a thread that has this information in depth, PLEASE send the link my way? I bought a bike to get started. An '87 Huffy Capri as in my name and avatar. I can stand over the seat with both feet on the ground for stability. I am 5'4" and overweight because of all my sedentary living for the last few years. Hopefully, this will help me to lose the weight and curb my diabetes. I have already lost the 30 pound steroid gain, but have about 50 to go. My insulin has been lowered to half of what it was a year ago and my A1C is 5.8. (for those of you familiar with diabetes).

Thank you for allowing me to join, I have a feeling this is going to change my life.