View Single Post
Old 09-22-08, 08:34 AM
nolagrrl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What Should the LBS Charge for This?

I have a 2008 Cannodale F6 that I am upgrading to Avid BB7 disc brakes and Avid Speed Dial levers. For this upgrade I also bought a Sun Rhynolite with Deore Hubs wheelset that is disc ready, since the stock wheelset is not.

I had considered doing the install myself after watching some how to videos on You Tube. It really doesn't look that difficult, but then it was pointed out to me that I will have to take the cassette off the old wheels and install it on the new wheels. I was also told that I would need some specialized tools(torque wrench, torx wrench, cable cutters, cassette remover, etc.) After looking online and seeing how much these tools cost, I'm realizing that this could add up.

How much would/should a LBS charge for a disc installation, brake lever install, cassette install? I know the price will vary from shop to shop, but I'm trying to get a general idea just to see which method I should choose.

Keep in mind, I bought all parts online thinking I would do the install myself. Will the LBS be a little pissed that I didn't buy any parts from them and cop an attitude(I've read about this on these boards from time to time)?

Thanks for any insight, advice, etc.