View Single Post
Old 09-22-08, 06:49 PM
StrangeWill

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by noisebeam
That may work if you are approaching a cyclist and ones headlights can illuminate them (reflective material or not)

But if you are driving a motor vehicle at night and entering a road that has a cyclist approaching from your left or right with no lights and you even fully stop and look both ways before entering you will pull in front of them before you see them.

Al
Never had the situation happen in such complete blackness that you can't see them, and I'm not even running some of the *******ish like lights some pickup truck drivers have.

You just need to be somewhat observant.

I'm just saying I did delivery, one of the most dangerous city driving jobs you can have it seems, and did more night shifts than anyone there. Somehow I was able to always be aware of cyclists coming into intersections, or on completely unlit roads, etc.

Let alone, are you really trying to tell me a drunk driver was really observant, and that this is an acceptable excuse?

No, lights are great, I recommend them, nay... should think they are required for riding on the road at night, alas it is not a good excuse for killing someone.

Last edited by StrangeWill; 09-22-08 at 06:54 PM.