Old 09-23-08, 04:23 PM
wmodavis
Bill

Bikes: Specialized Globe Sport, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Since I converted from V's to disc brakes I have had no adjustments to keep them operating correctly. Mine have been troublefree. They are self adjusting. No fuss, no mess. They just work when I need 'em. I have removed the wheels regularly and I think it is less trouble than when I had V's. I keep 'em clean and check the pads often as I feel necessary. Have only replaced one pair so far and it was a breeze. No tweeking to get the pads set right. I put metal replacement pads in and they're a bit noisier but tolerable. On occasion they do squeal but usually cleaning takes care of it. They place more stress on your spokes than V's but with proper built wheels it's not a worry. They stop the bike as well or some better than the V's but it's a bit hard to really evaluate. The disc's shine if you do any riding through mud which I do relatively often and that's the main reason I switched. Probably wouldn't ever switch back for that reason alone. But that doesn't seem like your situation so get a double headed coin and flip to make your decision.