iridebikes
Just like to ride!

Bikes: TREK and Gary Fisher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by supcom
You guys may be taking in more calories than you think. I was 'stuck' until I began recording every single thing I ate. I use a program called FitDay which has the USDA food database built in, lets you track exercise and compare total calories eaten vs. expended. It will track numerous other things as well like weight, mood, energy level, etc., but those two are the primary things I use.

Once you start recording everything you eat (and I do mean everything) you will probably find yourself cutting back on snacks and portions so you don't have to fess up.
I agree. 4 years ago I weighed in at an all time high for me 233lbs. I started riding and immediatly began loosing weight even though I had not changed my diet. I dropped to 210 and stayed there for 2.5 years. Then I just quit buying things at the grocery store like chips/salsa, ice cream, colas, M&M's and in the last 3 months have lost down to 192lbs. I was eating a lot more than I thought and justifing it by riding longer and harder.

Loosing weight is simple. Create a healthy deficit. I changed just the food types and started loosing weight again. i.e. more vegitables, less bread, more oat meal, less corn flakes, an apple at night verses a bowl of ice cream, lay off sodas, grilled salmon instead of ground round. Really it was not that drastic. It was simply very small changes that I don't really miss. My rides are stronger also since I began eating smarter.

My goal weight is 185lbs. I am 6'2'' and 49.

Last edited by iridebikes; 11-28-04 at 12:10 AM.