View Single Post
Old 11-29-04, 09:52 AM
smurfette

Bikes: Brodie Fury

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I always bring my dog, unless I'm going somewhere that dogs aren't welcome or it's unsafe. On trails where he's allowed off leash, he runs just ahead of me, and in the doggie trail parks I let him run farther, he usually runs until he's almost out of sight (ie just before a big turn) and then runs back, etc etc). On trails where he has to be leashed, we're working on him being on the leash attached to the handle bars. It doesn't really work that great because we're both learning (he likes to run around trees, makes life exciting!) LOL but it's coming along. He has excellent recall and obedience skills so I'm comfortable with him running loose. He also freezes in place when I call "Stop!!" and stops when I say "Far enough!". I take him hiking and stuff so these commands are great. So are "under!" and "over!". Now I'm trying to teach him "left!" and "right!" He's a Rhodesian Ridgeback/Black lab cross, just turned two. I adopted him from Ridgeback Rescue almost a year ago. He's a different dog now!