Old 09-27-08, 09:25 PM
zacster

Bikes: Kuota Kredo/Chorus, Trek 7000 commuter, Trek 8000 MTB and a few others

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 464 Times in 365 Posts
You will need a cassette and a chain. I don't think you need the tool until you are ready to remove the cassette, but for some reason I bought one when I first ordered the cassette for my wheels. You will need a chain tool for the chain. Buy a Park chain tool if you are going to do this.

The cassette is easy to do, but the chain installation could be a pain in the *****. Another option is to get a chain with a removable link like a Wipperman, but I always just bought Shimano. I follow the instructions that come with the chain, but I've done this a few times and kind of know what I'm doing at this point.

For the cassette, just get Shimano Ultegra. They are cheap enough and come in a variety of gear combos. Maybe 105 is a few dollars less, but not much. I think I have a mildly used Ultegra 9speed 12-25 sitting around. I'd have to look at the condition.

I think I've seen your moniker before on the audio boards, such as AudioAsylum? I used to go to those a lot, but lost interest a bit over the last 6 months.

And you say 'I moved to the city'. What city? There is only one of course, NYC.

Last edited by zacster; 09-27-08 at 09:28 PM.